28 July, 2008

Latest Update

Ok, so on Friday I got all my blood work and CT scans redone. Today I met with the doc. It was just about exactly what I expected.

My cancer markers didn't move any during round 4 of chemo. Remembering that I started at well over 900, my current level of 8.9 doesn't seem like much. (they want to get it below 5)

And the CT scan didn't change any either. That means that surgery is next. The doc said that he'd set up a meeting with the surgeon "in a few weeks". I took that to mean that he's happy with my progress and that there's no rush towards surgery. He even went so far as to say that I'm "breezing through this".

So, even though surgery is going to kinda suck, it sounds like I'm on the right track.

Drain: I realize how this timing looks like it's going to work out. No worries man--I'm scheduling cancer around you, man. There's no way I'm missing your big day.

7 comments:

Skept said...

balls.

so you've got what, the surgery then another round of chemo?

greenGuru said...

With any luck, no. The hope is that the surgery takes care of everything and I'm done at that point.

Candice said...

So surgery after the wedding?

greenGuru said...

That's the plan at this point.

Candice said...

P.S. I heart you!

Drain said...

I'm moved to tears reading that. Wow, dude. :-)

cyclefreaks said...

Boone, you always amaze me. I heart you too! :)