13 April, 2009

Challenging Assumptions

So, I'm getting settled down for another week in cubicle city. As usual, I put on my headphones into my iPhone and start playing an old Neil Young album I got yesterday. But the volume is really low. I crank up the volume all the way and I can barely hear it.

I sat and tried listening for a bit, but it bugged me that I couldn't hardly make it out. So I gave up and started listening to "Harvest". But that was playing very low as well.

As I took off my headphones to try and figure out what was happening, I realized that (for whatever reason) the iPhone wasn't playing through the headphones. Instead, I was blasting "Sugar Mountain" out of the iPhone speakers for the whole floor to hear.

A good way to start the week--remind me to always challenge my assumptions.


Next: pictures from the weekend camping trip

4 comments:

Candice said...

That's awesome!
When I worked at Perot most of us had headphones on while working and the down side was there were a few people that would forget themselves and start singing out loud only to sound like someone was choking a cat. Funny and sad.

Drain said...

GG - I´ve done that.

C - I´ve done that too.

cyclefreaks said...

I've done the headphone thing too, though I was probably cranking Korn or Limp Bizkit or something at the time. Much more obnoxious.

did the all laugh at you? :)

greenGuru said...

Nobody said anything, but it was early. Maybe nobody was around yet.