07 August, 2006

Weekend-ish Updates

Damn. How did I get so far behind on the blog already?

Anyway, the weekend before last, some friends and I went kayaking down in Galveston. Definately a good time, but man, that's some serious work. And if I haven't already, I should give mad props to Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Lotion with Sunscreen. (the stuff in the brown bottle) Yes, it's only rated as SPF 4, but I've seen it work better than some shitty "SPF 60+ Max Anti-Nuclear Blast Burn" crap. Seriously--I've put some of this on and sat by the pool for hours and never even got red. Awesome stuff.

In other news, I have to confess how un-cool I am. I have never owned a Metallica CD. Knowing my audience, let me repeat that: I have never owned a Metallica CD. Yes, that may explain many strange things about me, but it's the truth.

That changed this weekend. I learned that they finally joined the rest of the music world and started offering their music on an online store. (iTunes, obviously) I gotta admit that I *have* been missing out on some good rock.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Damn, that almost makes me question our friendship....

Anonymous said...

I consulted with the general population and they demanded that you be impaled for this transgression.

I for one will be satisfied with the simple act of you purchasing vast amounts of Metallica.

Okjerm said...

We need to all collaborate on this year's Christmas present. We can pile the metal on him, be it cd format or iTunes download.

I call Justice for All.

Anonymous said...

... :|

Anonymous said...

The only Metallica I ever bought was a single tape of One. Remember single tapes? I'm old.

snef