28 January, 2007

Check Your iPod

LoveGod'sWay.org warns us of a threat to our children:

"One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents should keep careful watch over their children's listening habits, especially in this Internet Age of MP3 piracy."


But how do you know what popular music will give my kids teh ghey via rainbow-colored sound waves? Luckily, Love God's Way provides a list of "Safe Bands" and "Gay Bands".

Examples of Gay Bands:
  • Polyphonic Spree (they are way too happy not to be gay)
  • Queen (the name says it all)
  • The Strokes (I'm guessing they made the list without even opening the CD case)
  • Metallica and Judas Priest (I thought they made me worship the devil? Gay devil-worshipers? Does Prada make goth clothes?)
  • Cole Porter and Frank Sinatra (???)
  • Kansas (???)
  • Elton John (Elton made the list twice--the second time with the note "really gay" just in case you hadn't noticed)
  • Morrissey (who is marked as "?questionable?"--he's the only guy that actually should be on this list and he's marked as "questionable"?)
  • Eminmem (because he's so gay-friendly)

    Dear God! Won't someone please think of the children!
  • 5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Wow. How could you not mention David Bowie being on that list? (I suppose they'd have to add Iggy Pop on that list too then)... They have some relatively obscure bands on that list - I wonder if they would accept a made-up band name on that list. Too bad the band name "Accidental Goat Sodomy" is already taken.

    Okjerm said...

    Ted Nuggent is on their for wearing a loincloth?

    cyclefreaks said...

    Do people send you these horrid anti-gay links, posts and sites? If I were you, I wouldn't even acknowledge them, much less link to them. They make me sick. I sincerely hope this one was really just a joke.

    greenGuru said...

    I usually find these either in places like The Advocate or as asides in the mainstream media.

    I try to take them with as much humor as possible.

    And no, I really don't think this site is a joke. (which just makes it that more funny)

    Okjerm said...

    I like that Cyndi Lauper is approved for listening. God must like the song She Bop and not have a problem with masterbation.