18 February, 2007

Pilot's Log : Hours 8.8 - 10.7

Yeah, this is a twofer.  I had a flight on Thursday morning and again this morning.  I've got another one tomorrow afternoon.  My credit card is about to self-immolate.  All I can say is: "we don't need no water, let the m-f'r burn".

22 landings.  I've performed 22 landings in the last 1.9 hours.  I don't fear them anymore--I'm just trying to get better at them.  (landing with a crosswind is a real bitch)

I think my CFI wants to solo me.  The problem now is my health.  (what's new?)  To fly, you have to get a 3rd Class Medical certificate.  I thought it would be no big deal since I generally lead a "normal" life--it's not like I had heart surgery and they are worried about my heart giving out during some bad turbulence...

But according to the doc, Crohn's is a disqualifying condition.  That means that I have to file for a "Special Issuance" from the FAA.  My AME (Aviation Medical Examiner) is doing that for me and he's fully confident that the FAA will accept it, but it's taking a while and costing a boatload of money.

Soon.  Soon the skies will be mine and mine alone.

No comments: