06 March, 2007

Pilot's Log : Solo

SOLO!!!




Well, it finally happened today! I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this.

On your first solo, you just do 3 takeoffs and landings to a full stop. It doesn't sound like much, but I've had to work quite a bit to be able to do that proficiently enough to be able to do it myself.

I'll do the same on the next flight--3 takeoffs and landings. The flight after that will be another big one--I will fly out to our practice area and work on some maneuvers. That means that I'll be out-of-sight of the airport. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal either, but remember that there aren't any roads or street signs up there. (but there is a nice, shiny GPS...)

BTW: The picture above is the back of my shirt my CFI cut off me to mark this very cool occasion. It's a bit of tradition.

3 comments:

Candice said...

It scares the shit out of me, but I'm still so happy for you. A very proud moment.

Anonymous said...

congrats, man.

I'm still not letting you take me up in an airplane. for awhile.

Mark said...

I'll fucking go. Just not in a crosswind...