12 March, 2007

TheGreenGuru.net

Lately I've been having strange delusions of starting my own software company.  I think I've got the knowlege, drive and personality type that could make it succeed.  As always, there's just one small problem: I have no idea what I'd make...

But since it's really cheap, I went ahead and registered by own domain and web hosting through GoDaddy.  At least if I don't start my own business, I've got somewhere to deploy those little ideas I have that will never make any money.

So, this weekend, I wrote and published the first of those little apps: Mobile Amazon.com Price Search.  The problem I'm solving is just for me.  Sometimes I'm at Best Buy (or wherever) and see something for sale.  I'm not sure it's a good price, but if it is, I want to buy it.

With this application, I can just dig out my phone and go to this site--which is optimized to be viewed on a phone.  Just search for whatever item and it will tell you what it costs at Amazon.  (a good reality-check for any consumer product's price)

No comments: