22 September, 2007

Have you driven a fjord lately?

Walking through a large airport brings about strange emotions in me. In one way, I feel completely alone, but attached to everyone around me. We are all starting some kind of journey, but in a crowd of thousands, I'm the only one taking *my* journey. I like that feeling.



Next weekend, I'm making a "last-minute" 2-week trip to Norway. This is my first trip to that particular country, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard that it's a sight to see, but I'll let my Lonely Planet guide sum-up what I've heard from everyone else.
Norway is, quite simply, breathtakingly beautiful. No matter how many pictures you've seen, nothing can prepare you for that first moment that you stand amid the precipitous, overwhelming view of the Norwegian fjords.

This time, I'm flying solo--no boss or coworkers tagging along, so I'll be free to do and see whatever I want. But since I'll be staying in, essentially, a fancy bed-and-breakfast literally a block from the Norwegian Sea, I forsee a lot of sitting outside of a cafe--at a wrought-iron table perched upon a cobblestone street--wrapping my hands tightly around my coffee cup, trying to stay warm against the cold breeze I can see coming across the Norwegian Sea.

5 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

snif, snif. take me wif you?

Angie said...

Pictures, man. Take pictures. HUNDREDS of them! :)

Okjerm said...

Everything I learned about Norway I learned from Monty Python.

I'll raise a toast to your European adventure from Margaritaville.

Okjerm said...

btw, best use of a pun for a title EVAH!

Skept said...

I hate you.