28 May, 2008

Follow-Up

Ok, finally doing better. That one was seriously un-fun couple of weeks.

But now it looks like it's over. I've got one more 15-minute chemo infusion on Friday, but those are usually "easy". After that, I'll get bloodwork in a couple of weeks that should show my cancer markers as undetectible.

And for the next couple of years, I'll need CT scans and more bloodwork every few months to make sure this thing stays dead. My doctors seem very confident that everything will be fine.

So, what now? They say it will take about 2 months for me to get back to 100% normal. I can believe it. "Normal" is quite a ways off from where I am right now and while I can feel progress every day, it's very, very slow.

I really appreciate everyone's support during this. It's definately made a difference. It's so much easier to go through something if you know you've got people on your side. I know it's made me appreciate the people in my life so much more.

EDIT: Oops, I guess I repeated some info from the last post. Sorry--I forget what I've already blogged about. There's just not much new information when I spend 22 hours a day sitting on my butt.

1 comment:

Candice said...

You can repeat yourself all you want. We don't care.
This is such great news, I hope I didn't sound too tired and lame last night when you told me. I really am very happy about this.
Love you and your bald head! : )