04 May, 2008

Boring

It looks like the "rough" part of round 2 is over. I'm starting what's considered the recovery phase and just have a couple of small chemo infusions before starting round 3 in a couple of weeks.

I've finally got just enough energy and brain power back to be self-sufficient once more. I gave the folks the nod and they headed back home yesterday morning. Now it's a waiting/resting game once again.

Sorry for the lack of posts. The folks did a really good job of keeping me just busy enough to keep me off the couch 24/7 (that's a good thing), but that meant that at the end of the day, I just didn't have the energy to punch out a post.

But I can't say that there's anything going on. This is actually really boring. Oh, I could go on and on about all of the little side effects and all that crap, but it's just not interesting. And I can't bitch about stuff like loosing my sense of taste. They are curing me of cancer. Complaining about little side effects would be asinine. I'm thankful they're fixing me--I'll gladly shut up about the rest.

This would be the perfect opportunity for me to plan my world domination or something equally impressive--one of those things I'd always said that I'd do if I juts had enough time off. But I just don't have the brain power or energy.

So I guess it's back to taking it relatively easy. The big agenda item for today is having brunch with a bunch of the guys. That will have to suffice for the moment.

5 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

self-sufficient is good.

Have a great brunch - sounds good to me... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Boone... I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

Skept said...

Good to hear you're functioning. So what's next? Round 3? Do they stop if it vanishes or do you have to stay the pre-ordained course?

greenGuru said...

I'm sure it's a "stay the course" thing. They don't have any direct way to measure the cancer. The cancer markers just tell them if the cancer is growing--it doesn't tell them if it's gone.

But it's cool. I've managed 2 rounds--I can handle one more.

Candice said...

Go see Iron Man, that will help. He is hot!