30 October, 2009

Vacation is over

Oh man, the last few months have been nice. It's been an extended vacation where I've had very little responsibilities. I've caught-up on a bunch of reading and movies. I got to take some vacations. I generally got to do whatever with my time that I wanted.

That is--within financial constraints. Not working is nice insofar as I don't have to be anywhere or do anything. But without some kind of real income, I'm still very limited in what I can do with that time.

That's not to say that there's nothing left to do that's cheap / free. There's lots of that still left out there. But I've got specific things I still want to do, and those things cost money.

So, that means that I've finally hit the point where I'm bored. I want to move on and get to the point where I can start doing these other things.

I don't want a full-time job yet, so I'm looking into short-term and part-time opportunities. I've been working with a couple of recruiters and trying to find a good fit for a 3-6 month contract somewhere. I've had a couple of interviews, but nothing has happened yet. I'm sure it will if I persist.

1 comment:

Andia said...

You'll get something soon-- just be glad you can pick and choose. Some people aren't that lucky.