15 April, 2007

Pilot's Log : Hours 21.2 - 22.7


This morning was my first "real" cross-country trip. My CFI even had me plan it out. You can see my nav log above. It's been quite a while since I got training on how to fill this out and I did better than I thought for my first attempt. (For you Aggies fans out there, I flew right over their practice area. They weren't out yet, but I'm sure I'll buzz them more than a few times before I get my license.)

It was a really good flight. It was probably the calmest weather I've flown in yet. I learned a lot and my CFI seemed fairly pleased with my progress. At one point he turned off the GPS and had me use the rest of my instruments to figure out where I was and where I needed to go. Good stuff. I'm also starting to learn how to work the radios and such. Before we didn't need to mess with them much. But just on this flight I had to adjust about 6 different frequencies. Yeah, it isn't tough, but I had to learn how what all these damn buttons did... If you are interested, this is what my radio stack looks like:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How bad is it, that when I viewed that image, I thought "holy shit, GreenGuru is traveling to the future in the year 109600!"

(Flux capacitor? Anyone?)