21 October, 2007

Orange Box

Halo 3, you just can't get a break.

I saw this morning that Valve finally released the Orange Box.  Ever since I played Half Life 2, I've been hooked to the franchise.  HL2 was arguably the best game I've ever played--the story was fantastic, the game play was solid and who can forget the Gravity Gun--probably the best weapon ever designed.

I probably wouldn't have dropped Grant on the Orange Box, but they included Portal.  A game where I can "shoot" portals wherever I want?  Sign me up.

The two games together (HL2: Episode Two and Portal) cost the same, so I just got the entire Orange Box.

And, of course, I just fired-up Steam and bought it online.  The games are downloading and installing right now.  I'll probably be playing in 30 minutes.

Anyway, the real reason for the post is this: who wants a copy of Half Life 2 and HL2: Episode One?  Since I already bought them and they come with the Orange Box, Valve lets me "gift" my duplicate copy.  (how sweet is that?)

So, come on folks--who wants it?  If you haven't already played it, it's a phenomenal game.  Guys: back me up here.

3 comments:

Skept said...

who plays PC games anymore? I mean, why play on a 19" screen when you can do it in 5.1 dolby digital on a 42" screen... and you with a 360 in your living room. you should be ashamed of yourself.

greenGuru said...

Actually, I *can* play this on my TV--just plug in the lappy. Or, you can get the Orange Box for the 360. It's all good, man. Unplug from H3 for a while.

Skept said...

I will. soon as ghIII and CoD4 come out.