18 February, 2008

Amsterdam, and Back Home

Phew, that was a long last couple of days. Whenever I travel internationally, I have a hard time relating times. For instance, I consider "last night" to be the night I spent wandering around Amsterdam. But, in reality, that was about 32 hours ago.


Schiphol Airport


Anyway, Amsterdam was a blast. I'm not sure I've partied that hard in recent memory. There's something about the Red Light District that makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. (And no, I didn't get any pictures of the Red Light District--that's a *big* no-no. But I'm sure you could find some if you looked.)


View from Hotel


I'm not sure what else to say. A quick stop in The Netherlands is exactly what I needed after the last two weeks of hard work. I can't say it was "relaxing", but it's very hard for me to unwind and forget about my responsibilities. (damn type A personality) So, it's very good for me when it does happen.


Coffee and a Pasty--my ideal breakfast


This morning was actually a little relaxing. I had an early-afternoon flight, so I enjoyed a quiet breakfast--watching the morning commute in town.


Greenland


The flight back was uneventful except for a little sight-seeing. We got some beautiful views of the western shores of Scotland and (because of the great circle) some gorgeous scenery over Greenland.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I'm so jealous.