03 February, 2008

Norway: Landed

Well, that made for a very short weekend, but a comfortable trip. I left work a bit late Friday, went home and packed. I woke up Saturday, loaded the car and headed to the airport. The I landed in Norway "Sunday" afternoon. Traveling east steals time.



Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam

Lines at Houston Intercontinental were virtually non-existant for some reason. And the flight to Schiphol was only about 80% full, so I got a couple of seats to myself and was able to stretch-out a bit and get some sleep. The last hop to Norway was gravy--I just kicked-back and watched some Battlestar Galactica I brought with. (I gotta ration those--I only have 3 episodes left on the DVD)


It's been a very quiet day. It's Sunday in Stavanger, and the city is shut down. For lunch, I had to walk 15 minutes into downtown and fast food was the only thing open. (when I asked the lady at the check-in counter about somewhere to eat, she gave me a strange look and said "it's Sunday, I don't think anything's open")



Empty Hotel


The hotel I'm staying in is absolutely empty. There's a lounge and bar, but I've been through 3 times and haven't seen a soul. I even grabbed the lappy and headed down for a while, but after sitting in an empty hotel lobby for about an hour, I got a bit creeped-out and headed back up to my room.

Well, it's 7:45 PM here (that's 12:45 PM for most of you) and I have no idea if I'll get any sleep tonight. I'm getting much better at dealing with jet lag, but the first day is always rough.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Wow, I don't know how I would feel about that. Sunday is my only day off now and it would suck if everything was closed.

Skept said...

Europe rules.