28 April, 2008

Round 2: Day 4

I'm halfway through day 4 of 5 of the "heavy" part of round 2. These 5 days look like this:

  • Wake up at 5 to be on the road at 6

  • Get to the hospital to check in at 7:15

  • Get assigned to my mini-room and get the IV and pre-meds started

  • Start 4 hours of chemo

  • Sleep during chemo

  • Start fluids

  • Escape room and lame room service for hospital cafeteria

  • Maybe sleep more

  • Leave just in time to hit horrible rush-hour traffic


  • Repetitive. But it could be much more worse.

    The fatigue has really started to set in. Yesterday I think I slept something like 16 hours. Today I've got a little more energy, but not a lot.

    I'm starting to think this is what chemo will be for me: just lots of IV's and fatigue. (and fighting off other side effects--mostly with success)

    I don't know what else to say. I'm still around. I'm still kicking. I will not be broken. I'll just endure and walk out of this on the other side.

    Out.

    1 comment:

    Candice said...

    Sounds like you are going to beat this with flying colors.