05 June, 2008

Not Quite Yet

Well, I got the results today and they weren't quite what I was hoping for.

My AFP count dropped from 10 to just 8.6. So the plan is to wait 3 more weeks and test it again to see what happens. If it continues to go down, that might be about it. If it starts going back up, I'll need to do round 4.

When I started this process, I was really borderline between needing 3 and 4 rounds of chemo. I guess this means I was closer to needing 4.

And it looks like I'll probably need surgery to remove that lymph node. But that's not going to happen until all of the rest of this gets fixed.

So it looks like this will be part of my life for a little while longer. Oh well. Give me a day or so to feel sorry for myself and I'll be back to my normal, upbeat self. I'm just a bit disappointed right now.

1 comment:

cyclefreaks said...

You have every right to feel disappointed, depressed, angry, etc. But we all have faith that this round will do the trick.

We also have faith that you'll be upbeat tomorrow. ;)