05 April, 2008

Day 1 : Overview

The view from my window


Well, I'm thought my first chemo treatment. Luckily, it turned-out to be a non-event from the standpoint of side-effects. I'm not sure how they managed that. Maybe it's because chemo has a cumulative effect, so there's not enough in my system to tell yet. Or maybe they are just that good at managing symptoms.



My IV pump at the beginning of the night


But I know this, I've never had this many drugs pumped into me at one time. Since we started at 11 PM last night, they've added at least 9 bags of meds into my IV. (they even had to add a third IV pump) So, I'm attached to a *huge* tangle of wires.


So, I think it's time for breakfast. I just ordered a banana, some yogurt, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon (low-fat alternative to bacon) and some apple juice. (but if I wanted, I could just as easily have ordered strawberries with Fruit Loops, a Belgian waffle with whipped cream and a made-to-order omelet--this place is awesome)

4 comments:

Okjerm said...

Are you at a hospital or the Ritz Carlton? Well... I weird Ritz Carlton where they hook you up to monitors and IV drips... but still.

Free wi-fi?

greenGuru said...

Yep, free Wi-Fi. Not much on the TV, but what do you expect?

Mark said...

Don't blog while eating the Hog.

cyclefreaks said...

I was going to ask the same question as jerm. I thought Mercy was nice!

Hope you have lots of good things to watch and/or read...