08 April, 2008

Day 4: Almost ready to get out

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I still felt fine, so I grabbed my IV pole and headed over to the pediatrics wing for the afternoon. I got to spend a few hours playing with some of the kids and their parents. It was very cool.

Last night wasn't so fun. Chemo started at 11 PM as usual, but the IV in my arm stopped giving a good blood return at about 2 AM, so they had to come up and put in a new one. That meant not much sleep last night. And as nice as the people are here, there is no such thing as more than 1 hour or uninterrupted sleep. There's always someone coming in to check on me or give me more information.

Anyway, I'm still up and kicking. At this point, I'm really looking forward to going home tomorrow morning. T-21 hours...

2 comments:

Candice said...

You should be driving home right now. Home to your own bed!

cyclefreaks said...

I've always found it odd that the very place where people are supposed to recuperate is the least relaxing place on the planet. I need to invent some kind of automatic medication giver/bp checker/temp checker that gives all the necessary info to the nurses without waking up the patient. Recovery time would be so fast it'd make doctors heads spin!