04 April, 2008

Starting a new phase of my life

Starting today, my life is going to change for a while. I saw the doctor yesterday and the cancer is being agressive. But I'm still considered a low-risk patient and they have given me excellent odds for beating this thing.

But, to beat it, I need to start chemotherapy immediately. So I'm currently waiting for my room in the Admissions office of MD Anderson. I'll be here for the next 5 days so they can monitor me closely and make sure I don't have any adverse reactions.

After that, I will continue my 9-week chemo treatment from home. Fortunately, my parents are coming down and are able to move in with me for a while.

I'm still not really sure what to expect. I've done some reading and talked to several people. However, I still don't really have a good idea of how I'm going to be feeling during all of this.

So, basically I'm saying that if you don't hear much for a while, don't assume anything bad--I'm probably just feeling sick and don't have the energy to blog.

I'm sure I'll be perfectly fine after this. Chemo is just the price I have to pay for that health.

I'd like to say yet another huge thanks to everyone for their support. Everyone I've talked to have been extremely supporting. That's made this process easier to handle.

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Candice said...

WE LOVE YOU! You can do this.