06 April, 2008

Day 2 (or 3) Update

I'm not sure if this is considered by second or third day here since my infusions start at 11 PM... Anyway, I've had my second infusion of chemo. The only side-effect I seem to have noticed is what I think is "chemo-brain".

Even more than the fatigue and nausea, this is the side effect I've feared the most. I acutally considered not doing chemo because of this side-effect. (that was until I heard how much my blood markers had increased)

But, no worries, I'll find a way around this one. It isn't bad yet, but my brain definately seems a bit "foggy". Maybe it's something else, but I don't think so.

In any case, my day has been good. I spent the last couple of hours sitting outside--enjoying the perfect Houston weather and returning phone calls. (the only reason I'm inside is because the IV battery only lasts a few hours)

My view while sitting outside

1 comment:

Candice said...

They better be taking good care of you.